[OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Admin request of typ

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Admin request of typ
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:50:01 +0000

Tue, 15 May 2001 02:57:10 +0200 (METDST)
 From: "Enrique Cabrera"<qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Safari in Uganda

Hello zuiks:

Although most of you will not know me at all, I was fortunate enough
to join the list late last year. Not that I imagine that anyone
missed me, but I've been out of it for a few months. The reason for
originally uns*ubscribing for a while was that I left for a 10 day
trip to Uganda.

I just wanted to express my most sincere thanks to everyone here for
making that trip an incredible experience. I was fortunate enough to
take there my OM2s and a couple of zuiks, and although I thought that
reading all your posts here would make no difference, I have to say that I
was very pleased with the results. Your advices on equipment, where to buy
it, how to use it and how to talk to it (oops, I've given away that one)
really made the difference when burning all those rolls. I entered here
being a novice... now I am a happy novice (and a bit of a zuikoholic, I'm
afraid)

It has been nice to see a couple of friends with their new electronic
cameras with heir mouths wide opened while watching the wildlife slides.

As for the trip, I have to say it was an incredible experience. I got to
see almost any kind of African animal you can imagine. I really felt inside
a National Geographic documentary, and I reached two conclussions:

-National Geographic photographers spend more than a few days
shooting animals

-National Geographic photographers use larger lenses than me (I have
to say that my sad 80-200mm SIGMA -any zuiko sponsorship for better
lenses is welcomed- proved to be more than insufucient for most
situations. Specially lions)

One of the most striking things in the pictures is the color. I have
to say that the light is certainly different there (Uganda is on the
Equator). Specially in early morning pictures (very reddish) and noon
pictures (so bright it hurts).

Anyway, thanks again for being a source of inspiration. Keep it up
people!

Enrique

Enrique Cabrera Jr.
Industrial Eng., MSc
Asst. Professor
Fluid Mechanics Group - Institute for Water Technology
Politechnic University of Valencia (Spain)
http://www.gmf.upv.es
Tel: +34 96 3877611
Fax: +34 96 3877619