RE: [OM] 50f/1.4 breakpoint

Subject: RE: [OM] 50f/1.4 breakpoint
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:06:54 -0500
I don't think anyone has come up with a definite identifying characteristic
for the 1,100,000 MC 50/1.4.

Gary Reese believes there is a transition sometime after 1,000,000 because
of SQF differences in some lenses he has tested, but I don't know that he
knows how to differentiate based on inspection. And based on the existence
of sample-to-sample SQF variations noticed in other lenses that should be
equivalent, I wonder if enough 50/1.4 varieties with s/n > 1,000,000 have
been tested to say with certainty that there is a difference?

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx