Re: [OM] How much for an OM-1n?

Subject: Re: [OM] How much for an OM-1n?
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 19:24:47 +0200
Once Upon a 15 May 01, Chris Stinson wrote me about [OM] How much for an OM-1n?
something like:

> Hey, I've been shopping around for a used OM body and they're kinda hard
> to find...
>
> I don't want to shop on ebay simply because of previous bad encounters.
> I'm looking for almost any body in the Edmonton area or even in Alberta.
> Anyone know of a place to get one?
>
> Also, what's a good price to buy/sell an om-1n?

Chris:

IMHO there's no better place to buy than from people on this list
(no, i'm not selling or have sold anything here). Every single buy I
have done here showed that the previous owner had good olympus
knowledge, took care of the material AND wanted a satisfied buyer.

BTW, thanks guys. I will be setting up a mini website with some of my
slides from my recent trip to Uganda, Africa, so you will be able to
see that your former oly material was put to "good" use (well, as
good as this fingers of mine will allow).

As for the estimate, I'm sure that people like Tom have more
experience out there, but I would expect around US$200, maybe a
little less, for a decent OM1n (of course you can get them for much
less, but out on the street and working properly?)

My two pesetas, a currency close to extinction.

Enrique Cabrera Jr.
Industrial Eng., MSc
Asst. Professor
Fluid Mechanics Group - Institute for Water Technology
Politechnic University of Valencia (Spain)
http://www.gmf.upv.es
Tel: +34 96 3877611
Fax: +34 96 3877619