[OM] (OT) *Bay Sellers to Avoid

Subject: [OM] (OT) *Bay Sellers to Avoid
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:46:19 EDT
Sorry I haven't been able to get an e-mail to Australia to the list member
who e-mailed me offlist re: *Bay sellers to avoid.

For those interested, there is a Yahoo site called "*Bay Scum" at
http://www.egroups.com/group/EbayScum.

Haven't joined it, so I don't know how much info. is on it.

As I said before, out of about 40 deals I have returned only 1 item (a very
scratchy lens, described as "no defects" in the ad) for a refund (which I
received).  Seller tried to get me to keep it.  I e-mailed him back that it
was coming back, then sent it back.

The other shaky deal was receiving an otherwise beautiful OM-2S with a broken
viewfinder (not disclosed in the ad).  The seller did reimburse me for the
repair after I mailed him a copy of the repair receipt.  Other than those two
deals, most all of my eBay experience has been very positive and smooth.

One of the GOOD GUYS, "Olympus Guy" Paul Van Tuyl is a pleasure to do
business with, both on *Bay and privately.  E-mail olympusguy@xxxxxxxx (don't
everyone e-mail him at once).

I'll keep trying to get an e-mail off to you in AU...

Rich