Re: [OM] Solar eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] Solar eclipse
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:28:30 -0700 (PDT)
Nice shots, Erwin.  Here is a link to my shots of the
same eclipse from the Black Sea.

http://beta.content.communities.msn.com/
isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_album&ID_Community=
EclipseChasers&ID_Topic=3

We had perfect weather, as you can see.  I was using
my OM 1 with a 70-150mm Vivitar Zoom with its 2X
matched multiplier for 300mm.  I am going to Zambia
next month for the eclipse there, and have
significantly upgraded my gear with a Zuiko 200 f4
with a Zuiko 2X converter.  This set up is vastly
sharper - you can see the difference just through the
view finder.  I have done some moon shots as tests,
and they are very sharp.  The film I used in the Black
Sea was Kodachrome 200, and I was not very happy with
it.  It has a weird effect - reciprocity I suspect -
of turning the corona pink.  In other shots on deck I
thought it had an overly warm yellowish cast.  I am,
as of now, thinking of using Kodak E200 in Zambia.
Anyone have a better recommendation?

=====