[OM] OM SLR not available any more in Germany

Subject: [OM] OM SLR not available any more in Germany
From: "Ohm Krieger" <ohm.eddy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:01:01 +0200
Hello friends,

I beg your pardon, if my question was discussed before. In this case I
didn't noticed it.

In an article published in the actuall German photography newspaper
FotoMagazin they wrote about manuel fucussed SLR. There was a passage
about Olympus OM-3 and 4 too. But they told us only, that the
production of the whole SLR equipment is discontinued already and that
Olympus will sell out the rests of their store.

When I called Olympus Europe in Hamburg (Germany) this morning, the
main product manager for SLR was in holidays. His replacement told me
this would be true. Offical known should be the fact since nearly two
months, but he didn't know if this decision would be come in effort
only in Germany.

What I'm asking me is, if the whole stuff wouldn't produced anymore
other companies like Olympus America couldn't sell the stuff longer
too. So what is true? Is this decision "only" the consistent
continuation of their bad journey selling SLRs by Olympus Europe or is
the whole line definite dead?

Thanks for your answers, Ohm.