Re: [OM] Which Lenses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which Lenses?
From: "Dr. Oben Candemir" <dunya.nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:30:10 +1000
>I'm a new subscriber and new OM owner, having just bought my first OM, a
>OM-1 (w/o) motordrive.  It's in very nice shape and came with a 50mm 1.4
>lense.  I'm waiting on my first pictures back from the developer with it.

Richard

FWIW, this is my selection of primes:

21mm f3.5
28mm f2
normal lens
100mm f2.8
180mm f2.8

I think the 28 & 21 combo suits some people better than 35 & 24. I found
that a 35mm lens is almost like a standard lens. After all the "true"
standard lens for 35mm film should be a 43mm lens.... 50 and 35 are both 7
away from the true diagonal. As someone else observed... the 35mm is like
sight with both eyes whereas the 50mm gives a more one eyed image... try it
and see. The 180mm f2.8 is a very nice telephoto lens and the only one
tractable enough to carry around regularly and use handheld.

Oben O. Candemir

To Reply to me delete the ".nospam" in the reply email address.
I'm sick of spam from e-mail ripping services on mail lists.