Re: [OM] WTB: OM-20 focusing screen

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: OM-20 focusing screen
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 12:18:51 EDT
In a message dated 05/18/2001 12:13:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> You;re right.
>
> Tom
>
> > The list will immediately correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the
> > focusing screens are interchangeable on double digit OMs, just the single
> > digit ones.  Unless you made a typo and meant OM-2, I believe you're out
> of
> > luck.

They can be replaced by a qualified technician though. I saw an OM-10 with a
1-10 installed once. My only concern with the OM-20 would be the metering. I
*think* the OM-G/20 was at least advertised as having a brighter screen. You
may need to install a 2-series screen to get the meter display to work right
(I'm pretty sure the OM-20 has the older dual metering systems, like the OM-2
and OM-2n).

Paul Schings