Re: [OM] new SLR

Subject: Re: [OM] new SLR
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 23:51:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/01 3:44:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
NIGEL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> In this weeks A.P magazine an article states Olympus is believed
>  to be working on a new digital SLR with interchangeable lenses,
>  which is expected to be unveiled at next Februarys Photo Marketing
> Association trade fair in the US.
>  The article does not mention if the lenses will be OM compatible,
>
>  perhaps the OM line is not over yet.
>
>         Nigel

I think this was discussed a couple of weeks ago when the new cam was
announced. I don't think our Zuikos will be compatible. However, if the
register distance for the new camera is greater than the distance for the new
digital, which it might be considering that the dimensions of the mirror box
are smaller, it should be possible to cobble a MF and SDD (manual focus and
stopped down diaphragm) adapter.

Warren