Re: [OM] Where to find a noflexar 400mm lens ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where to find a noflexar 400mm lens ?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 14:52:50 -0700
Novoflex also quietly improved their lenses over time. The earliest are
single coated and have screw threads on the lens head (and components).
At least one mid generation version is bayonet, but single coated.  A
recent version (about 1989) is multicoated with bayonet mounting.

I tried to get a part directly from Novoflex for an early 640mm f/9, but
its not available.  They were none-the-less helpful and e-mailed me in
English for a picture to help identify what I needed.

I have an complete extra 400mm system with an OM mount, but its screw
thread and single coated.  The posted lens tests are for two different
multicoated examples.  I suspect the SQF results with Olympus
teleconverters are better than posted, since any test over 500mm is
subject to movement from the camera shutter.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV