RE: [OM] Scanning for web

Subject: RE: [OM] Scanning for web
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 07:32:46 -0500
Your average monitor at a resolution commensurate with its size puts up
about 72dpi. So if you want your print to appear 'life size' on the screen,
try scanning at that resolution.

Its easier for me to think in terms of actual pixel size of the image.
Usually  an ultimate size in the neighborhood of 640x480 or 800x600 pixels
works well for displaying photographs on the web.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx