Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 00:59:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/01 9:14:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
writes:

>snip<
> get out your prescription, read the second number in the
>  prescription, and if it is below a 1.50 dioptor, be happy
>snip<

Would that be the "cylinder" number?  Mine is -0.75 in my right eye.  Am I a
lucky boy (this year?)?  My "sphere" number for the rt. eye is -2.00, and the
"segment" number is +2.75 (is this for the bi-focal, lower segment of the
lens?).  I have those "Vari-Lux" type variable lenses -- it's a love/hate
relationship.  So I'm a little worried about just where I will be looking
thru the lenses when focusing on the viewfinder.  I guess the prints will
tell the story.

A photographer could drive him or herself nuts with all the variables: eyes,
focus screens, depth of field, mirror shake, aperture stop-down...  which
factor is causing the most problem, etc.?

Thanks, Susan, for taking the trouble to give the short dissertation.  We'll
try to keep the subject matter lighter in the future (penis enlargement
offers, etc.).

Rich