Re: [OM] OT Was Photoshop problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Was Photoshop problem
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:04:36 +0200

I agree with Tom - it's almost certainly because you scanned in 48bit - you
have to convert down to be able to print.  Good luck with the scanner - I love
it, but I'm still fighting for the best results...

Having established that we have some Photoshop experts here, can I ask a
related question?  I have the 'classic' Zuiket / Zuikette setup of Acer Scanwit
2720 scanner, Photoshop 5LE, Trinitron monitor, and Epson 870 printer.  All
selected after
recommendations on this list - thanks!

What settings do y'all use for color matching / ICM?  It seems Photoshop LE
doesn't do any color space conversion, so how should I set up the scanner,
monitor, and printer? Using the profiles they were each shipped with?

If not, what?

A related question - has anyone created new MiraFoto2 settings for negative
films not in the standard list?  Or can you point me to anywhere else on the
web where I might find some?  I have been using 'Generic' and tweaking, but if
someone has done the
tweaking and saved it I'd like to re-use!

TIA
Jez

John,
My guess is you're scanning them in too high a 'bit mode'.  Photoshop (and
LE) can't do most of their functions in 48-bit mode, just in 24 bit mode.
The difference is virtually invisible, so see if that is your problem.

Tom