Re: [OM] Just my luck or Theres no fool like an old fool

Subject: Re: [OM] Just my luck or Theres no fool like an old fool
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:14:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/01 9:51:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Rich writes:
>
>  << I'd rather not buy camera gear from pawn shops, junk stores, 2nd hand
>  stores, or swap meet lizards.  Or rude people. >>
>
>  Hum, you might just be buying used gear at a "store" or prominent dealer
>  that has bought from a wholesale picker. In which case you are
>  indirectly buying from pawn shops, junk stores, 2nd hand stores, or swap
>  meet lizards, along with other lifeforms know as garage sale addicts,
>  outfit liquidators, estate sale buyers and auction attenders.
>
>  Gary Reese

All true, Gary.  Not that I don't do it.  Would just prefer not to, and find
most camera stores/dealers to be more willing to stand behind what they sell,
as opposed to hiding behind the "as is" description, or claiming total
ignorance (sometimes honestly).

I found my 28/2.8 at a combination bookstore/2nd hand
furniture/jewelry/antique store ("junk" store?) for $30 back in the mid 80's.
 I had NO idea what the price SHOULD have been, but figured I couldn't go
wrong for $30.  A nice lens.

Rich