Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens
From: "Dr. Oben Candemir" <dunya.nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:43:15 +1000
Well I had read about using a small file etc to whittle the tab down to fit
into the OM1/2. I thought that filing etc may give the risk of touching the
very delicate surface or worse still getting static related dust
interminably on the screen. So what I did (maybe too hastily) was used a
large nail clipper positioned obliquely across the tab. I left the screen in
the plastic while I cut it so that no dust went on the screen during
manipulations. This cuts most of the tab off. I still have enough to handle
it with the tweezers and thats all that counts.

To say is the screen simply brighter is an understatement. Think about it.
Your photography depends on what you see in the viewfinder. The 2 series
screen has completely changed my happiness factor using the slower lenses
like the 21mm 3.5, and 300 4.5... like I mentioned even with a 2xA TC which
makes the lens f9!!

If you have time or a higher aesthetic sense then maybe the more cosmetic
filing method is better for you. I was too eager to use it to mess around
with a small file for hours. It works nicely and if you dont change it from
camera to camera then you just basically want to get it in.... feels better
in, after all ;)

Oben O. Candemir

To Reply to me delete the ".nospam" in the reply email address.
I'm sick of spam from e-mail ripping services on mail lists.