Re: [OM] Time for a new camera bag...

Subject: Re: [OM] Time for a new camera bag...
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 20:55:47 -0400
If you want something to work out of photojournalism-style, Domke's can't be beat, IMO. I've got 8 of 'em. Pretty much all the models except the big ones and the Outpacks; and I like them all. I especially like how the top flap opens up to let you work. And they are very tough. My other favorites are belt systems from www.kinesisgear.com, the http://www.mclassics.com/ bag for a small outfit, www.courierware.com bags for multi-function, and a couple of old Tenba bags.

BTW, That kit you're talking about isn't going to be light. You might want to think about getting something to cart it to your site, and then work out of a smaller bag.

The best advice that I've ever heard was to take all the gear you want to stuff into a bag to a very well equipped store, and then try all the bags that they have by actually putting your stuff in. I think it was a photo.net comment. But be prepared to buy. It wouldn't be kosher to do that and then order used or from B&H (Unless of course, you did this maneuver in B&H's store.)

The F2's are readily available used, and offer a lot of room and flexibility. You can use other compartments, like Tenba's, if you don't like Domke's.

Many people like Tamracs, but I seem to always avoid them. Too camera-bagish for me.

Skip