Re: [OM] Camera Back likes to open on its own!

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Back likes to open on its own!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:00:11 -0400
Oldest OM-1s and 2s have a narrow latch face (body side).  Back covers are
made of a soft, flexible metal.  So with time and depending on how you close
the back (do you press in the center or in the latch area?) the back will
bend and the latches will go out of alignment. Pressing the back in the
center will make the back bend out of alignment sooner.
When the back latch doesn't quite mate properly with the body latch, I
suggest gently flexing the entire back to make them line up.  That is, bend
the entire back instead of bending the latch itself.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000