Re: [OM] how to determine light loss from diffuser

Subject: Re: [OM] how to determine light loss from diffuser
From: Acer V <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:46:52 -0700
5/22/01 12:42:07 AM, "Hans-Joachim Busch" <Busch-Koeln@xxxxxx> wrote:

>That will not work!
>1. method
>Make some photos with different apertures and the flash in auto-mode but NOT
>TTL and compare the results with the suggested apertures. Use slide-film, so
>the lab cannot equalize the brightness.
>2. method
>Make in TTL-AUTO some photos with same aperture but different distance and
>see the results up to what distance you can use your "softflash" with the
>different apertures.

hmm, I'm almost out of slides, and it's a little tight on time.... I'll be
using print film with the diffuser, so exposure isn't too critital. i might
have to go
to a camera store and see if they'll test output on a flashmeter for me :)
thanks,

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero
note new email address & webpage location