Re: [OM] 75-150 question

Subject: Re: [OM] 75-150 question
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 May 2001 12:48:34 +1000
Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> I'm considering purchase of a 75-150/4.
[snip]
> This action however has a much different sound/feel than the focus sound
> I'm used to which is barely a sound at all. This you can actually hear
> move. Is this right? I've only used zooms that rotate and they feel much
> smoother than this one. So is this a function of this design or a defect
> in the lens?

I've never noticed any noise or roughness from my 75-150/4.

Nice lens, gets packed in preference to my one-ring 70-210/3.5 unless
I know I'll need the extra length.

--cjb

--
 Christopher J Biggs \ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Vice-Pope Torture & Indulgences
 Stallion Technologies\ Brisbane,  Australia \   Holy Church of Givashitology