Re: RE: [OM] Macro Questions

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Macro Questions
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:59:11 +1000
>I vaguely remember seeing something on TV about "deep focus macro"
>photography.  Does anyone know anything about this ?
>

>Wayne Harridge

There was a lens design developed by an Australian optical engineer for
documentary work that had an unbelievable depth of field. I remember a shot
with David Attenborough (who else) and a caterpillar, both in focus and
both apparently the same size - the caterpillar within inches of the lens
and the attenborough several meters away. I believe said developer rents
out the lenses for Discovery Channel type purposes and that they are worth
a fortune, each one hand built to purpose.
More than this I know not.
AndrewF