RE: [OM] ?Best? non Zuiko OM lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] ?Best? non Zuiko OM lenses
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 05:46:42 -0700
It is such an area of subjective opinion, and variability within even one
makers line, that it's very difficult to address your question rationaly.  I
am particularly fond of Soligor lenses, but am probably about the only list
member who is.  It's about as logical and rational as anything else I like
or do.  I have a 35-70/2.5-3.5 zoom that, while admitedly larger and heavier
than the much loved Zuiko 3.5-4.5 is noteably faster, and I've gotten quite
nice results with.  The first 'additional' lens that I bought some 25 years
ago was a Soligor 70-220/3.5 CD macro zoom.  A quite remarkable lens in many
ways (ability to be in macro throughout the zoom range, for one thing), but
my goodness, I need a mule to pack it for me.  It is a large lens.  But I
love it none the less.

I'm irrational.

I'm a Zuikohollic.