[OM] Re: 50mm f 1.4 MC, revisited

Subject: [OM] Re: 50mm f 1.4 MC, revisited
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:04:24 -0700
        I know this has been beaten to death a number of times over.  But I own
a one of these lenses in the transition region (1000000 to 1050000) mine
is 1036xxx.  But I still don't clearly understand the colors to look for
when trying to determine the Multi Coating vintage.  There have been
some attempts to scan lenses to show these variations, those of you who
know what to look for, does this work?

        There is a 50 f 1.4 on *bay right now that shows colored reflections.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1239339564

As best that I can tell it is a 1054xxx, this would put it just in the
region Gary R. states as the break point for the latest MC.  Could
someone make a ruling so that I might better evaluate my own lenses.  I
really don't care what vintage MC I have, but now, with all of the
discussion. I just need to know!

Mike Butler
Dublin, California

P.S.  If scanning lenses works, that could be a whole new TOPE event.
<grin>