[OM] Zuiko standard lenses

Subject: [OM] Zuiko standard lenses
From: "Conrad Samuels" <conradsamuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:05:52 +0200
I know that this has been discussed just recently but I have two
Zuiko 50mm f1.8 lenses,  one of which is labelled MC on the name
ring at the front and the other not.  I am under the impression that
the wording "made in Japan" on the lens indicates a later type,  but
my "MC" lens has no country of origin on it whatsoever,  while the
one with "lens made in Japan" printed on the flange does not state
"MC" anywhere.  Both appear to have both yellowish and bluish
reflections from a point light source although the one without MC
on it seems to have fewer reflections.  Can the experts help here
(again) please?

One lens is labelled  F-Zuiko Auto-S #709767 and the other is
labelled Zuiko MC Auto-S # 3366364.  I notice that the  F-Zuiko
model has chrome-bevelled trims on the nose whereas the other is
plain black.

Conrad F. Samuels
conradsamuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx