Re: [OM] 50/3.5 not good for weddings?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/3.5 not good for weddings?
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:30:43 -0400
Hey Ken,

I've found that extremely sharp lenses and portraiture don't mix. Especially
when I use a flash. Some of my best people shots have been taken with fairly
inexpensive zooms and a cheap Sigma 135mm I keep in my closet. If you check
out the website, I believe its www.zuga.net , there is some good tips to be
found on portraiture and wedding photography. There, Monte Zucker states
that he never takes a picture at a wedding without at least having a Tiffen
Soft-FX #1 on his lens. I recently shot my first (and last) wedding for my
nephew. It was a completely outdoor event (they were very brave). I used an
OM-2n with 28, 50 and 100 Zuiks, a T-32 on a BG2, and about 360 shots worth
of Portra 160, 400 and T400CN. For many, though not all shots, I used a Hoya
Softener A with good results. Well, good enough results that I have enough
fine pictures to make them a pretty decent looking album, which was I that I
was hoping for. So, I'm pretty happy, but never again...

Take Care,

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada