RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors
From: "Kiker, James" <jkiker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:00:01 -0500
Well, the over-the-shoulder monitor shoot is over, and in a couple of
hours, I'll have the results back.  I ended up shooting Provia under
fluorescent lighting, becasuse that was the only film on hand, and they
were in a hurry for the shots.  I shot 6 exposures, bracketing between
1/8th and 1 second, and a few apertures.  The final slide will be drum
scanned and color corrected in Photoshop, so maybe the color balance
will turn out ok.  If the images on the monitor don't look good, they're
going to recreate them using Photoshop.  Here's another question for the
group:  Do I retain ownership of the photos?  I shot on company
premises, using my equipment and film, on a volunteer basis.  They said
they would pay me for doing it, but I told them I was mainly interested
in the experience.  They insisted on paying me, but we haven't talked
money yet.  They are going to reimburse me for film and development.
How should I work ownership and rights to the photos?

Thanks for all the advice and input,
James Kiker