Re: [OM] Weston meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Weston meter
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 20:16:06 +0200
Roger

This definitely dates you old chap ;>).

But seriously, thanks for the tip about unlocking the meter if it is
out of use for a while.  I presume that you mean the button should be
locked in and the meter needle free to move.

One of our fellow List members (John O'R) has kindly offered me a
manual for a Master IV which will probably help with such details.

Thanks also to all who have  come with bits of advice about this meter.

Chris

I have two Master V's made by Sangamo Weston, one bought new for £10
in 1967/68
to use with my Olympus Pen F, the other bought for $5 in a flea market. Both
work perfectly today. The one that I bought new also has Ilford's name on the
information plate as a Distributor. I remember that in 1968 I took the meter
with me to USA; I forgot the Invercone attachment, and bought another in New
York. The American invercone (in a hard grey leather case) was much
smaller than
my original Sangamo Weston version (in a soft brown leather case); the larger
version appeared to function significantly better. The Sangamo
meter's case was
also different; brown leather with a zip all the way round.
For those that do not have the instruction book, I should mention
the warning to
unlock the meter needle if the meter will not be used for a while; you do this
by pressing the pointer lock button in and giving it a quarter turn...

regards
Roger Key, Copenhagen