[OM] The Ebay contest -- enhanced!

Subject: [OM] The Ebay contest -- enhanced!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 20:39:15 -0500
OK, I couldn't decide which auctions to pick, so I'm making up new rules.
Before I go any further, feel free to abuse me, and you'll see why soon.

I decided to make this a multiple choice game.  I have listed two auctions:

Zuiko 16 f/3.5 with case -
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1239715076
Black OM-4T in box -
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1239718755

You can guess on one or both of the auctions.  The winner will be the
closest to the winning bid on either auction.  I'll announce the closest
'guesser' on both, and if they both want to start a game, it is ok with me.

I picked auctions that close in three days so the game would move quickly.

OK, if you haven't looked at the auctions yet, here's where you get to abuse
me.  Yeah, yeah, they're mine. Didn't mean to be self-serving, but I went
through every Olympus auction in the regular Olympus section and most
everything was boring and pedestrian.  At least these two are reasonably
unusual on ebay.  I know what I want for them, but haven't a clue where
they'll really close. They close Sunday night.

Tom