RE: [OM] XA2 help needed!

Subject: RE: [OM] XA2 help needed!
From: "Kurt Weiske" <kweiske@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 06:48:18 -0700
The Kiev 35a is an interesting little camera - some people like the 'Russian
Roulette" (pun intended) you play when buying cheap plastic Russian cameras.
I don't mind so much - I bought two Lomo Smena-35s, and one broke when
falling out of my pocket. The other one takes great pictures, with a decent
little glass lens. At $12 bucks a pop, I'm not too worried.

I'd be bummed if I bought a Kiev-35 for $40 and had translucent shutter
blades to deal with.

Thanks for the feedback on the XA2. I think it will fire with batteries in
it, which will allow the film advance to work, but I'm leery of the sliding
cover not locking into place. I can just see it sliding just far enough to
creep into a picture; there's not a lot of slack there between the end of
the lens and the start of the cover.