Re: [OM] XA

Subject: Re: [OM] XA
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:19:28 -0400
Well, granted  the flash does start in *auto mode* each time you open the Epic,
but you can turn it off thereafter, just press the flash mode button until the
NOPE symbol appears.  I have found this difficult to do in the dark, however.
Wish the Epic would remember the last flash and spot mode settings when closed
like it does for the date stamp setting. As a side note, I had the XA as my
always-with-me camera until it broke. One plus factor for the Epic when
deciding on a replacement was that the XA is not so small with the flash
attached...

<<The Stylus has excellent lens and focuses to 1.1 ft.  The XA is quieter.  I
didn't like the always on flash on the Epic.>>

>>> tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx 10:03:08 05/25/2001 >>>
Subject: Re: [OM] XA2 help needed!

By all means get the XA. Offers you more control and a better lens.

Hi,

     I've used both the XA and the Stylus Epic 35/2.8 (current).  The
Stylus has excellent lens and focuses to 1.1 ft.  The XA is quieter.  I
didn't like the always on flash on the Epic.  I can't decide between
getting another Epic or an XA.  The other drawback of the Epic
is the exposure time lag.  The XA is real good here.  I liked the
built-in flash sometimes of the Epic.  Today, I'm leaning towards the
XA.

     For me, a compact with a 35mm is already a weight/size compromise
as I prefer the 50mm lens, so I've got a Zorki (like a Leica II) with
it's Russian
copy of the 50mm/3.5 Elmar.  I use the Leitz 50mm brightline finder
which shows
1:1 life size.  A bit bulky, but fits in a pocket.  No batteries.  It's
usually
loaded with medium speed black and white film which I develop and print.

                                                    Cheers,

Rich Lahrson

tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx