Re: [OM] Family Vacation

Subject: Re: [OM] Family Vacation
From: Allan Bigham <bigham@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 08:47:53 +1200
At 10:59 27/05/2001 -0700, "Ralph Nitschke" <ralph_nitschke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote

>Lessons Learned:  To my surprise, the most used lens by a huge margin was
>the 24, followed eventually by the 50.  Least used were the 35 and 100,...

Yes, I agree. Every year we vacation in the Northern hemisphere from NZ,
usually Europe and the UK, a couple of times ago we made it to MA and MO,
haven't been to Yosemite yet, but will. The kit that I carry consists of :

2 OM1n's, 24/2.8, 50/1.4 MC, 100/2.8 MC, 135/3.5, all Zuikos, 49mm filters;
polarizer and B&W filters, K2 etc, the weight of this kit is reasonable.
Usage: the 24 by a large margin, then the 100, then the 50. I also carry a
point and shoot with a 35mm lens.
I believe there is a market for a compact camera with a 24mm lens of v.
good quality, for those of us who are willing to use their feet instead of
a zoom, and are able to manage perspective. I don't want to outlay the
money for a Contax G2 and appropriate lens, sooner use it on a 4Ti. Digital
has quite a way to go before it beats film. Comments?
Mr Oki, I hope you see this.

Allan