Re: [OM] Family Vacation

Subject: Re: [OM] Family Vacation
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 22:13:28 +0100
>Mistake made, after completing a Fuji 400 roll, I realized the film dial
was
>set to 200!  Any suggestions on what to do?  Should I have the lab process
>it as 200?  Any thoughts appreciated ;-)

I've done this more times than I care to remember!  Worst of all was when I
was in Australia, and had shelled out for a helicopter flight past Uluru.
It was absolutely incredible, one of the highlights of the trip, but I got
that awful sinking feeling when I noticed after we landed that somehow I'd
set the film speed to 1600 instead of 400.  I just got them developed as
normal, and thankfully (so thankfully!) they came out fine.  So I'm certain
that with just a one-stop difference you're well within the latitude of
print film.

When I was in Central America I accidentally rated a roll of Sensia II 100
at 200 speed, and I decided to get that one push-processed, seeing as the
latitude is smaller.

Hope they come out well, and make sure those youngsters take you on holiday
in 20 or 30 years time!

Roger