Re: [OM] OM 1N vs OM 2n

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 1N vs OM 2n
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 19:16:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/01 3:24:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
om40pc@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I went out to market to look for an OM-2 N.  There I
>  found a black mint OM 1 N, but couldn't find a good
>  2N.
>  Now I have started making up my mind for that 1N.
>
>  Now how good is OM 1 N and i have heard it does nt
>  take LR44 batteries. and do i get an advantage over
>  the one without an "N".
>
>  Now be neutral

Be NEUTRAL?!  Faisal...  you're asking this sorry bunch of enablers?

O.K.  Batteries:  get a battery conversion kit from Cris Camera Services:
 <A HREF="http://www.criscam.com/";>C.R.I.S. Camera Services</A>
(http://www.criscam.com)
or John Hermanson (http://www.zuiko.com/index2.htm).

What are you getting with an OM-1n that is not on the OM-1?  Some internal
improvements (forget them -- maybe other list members remember the details?)
and most useful, the "flash ready" indicator in the viewfinder and the
ability to use Oly T flashes for TTL flash metering.

How good is the OM-1n?  Well, not too long ago I raved about getting one, and
several list members chimed in with similar emotions.  It's a GREAT camera,
Faisal!  Mine, although beautiful, has foam rot (check the one you're looking
at -- "mint" foam, too?  I doubt it).  And mine, too, needs the battery
conversion.  But other than that, it looks and sounds and feels "mint".  It
was love at first sight and touch.

You can't get a much more reliable camera than an OM-1 or -1n, at any price.

Black eh?  Lucky you!  Pretty thing, isn't it?  Buy it!!!
There, that's as "neutral" as I can get.

Rich