AW: [OM] details on "500 mm Olympus Mount" lens on ebay

Subject: AW: [OM] details on "500 mm Olympus Mount" lens on ebay
From: "Dr. Rainer Wagner" <Rainer.Wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:23:38 +0200
Hi Rich,

I have one of this type lenses. It looks very much alike, but its a Beroflex
brand. You can get those lenses here in Germany as "Danubia" brandnew for
about 120$.Quite good test results in the german Fotomagazin (I think
january 01). A lens of this type with a modified rear tube is even useable
as a medium format (6x6 cm) lens!  On ebay, I saw many used ones in good
shape go for 20 -50 $. I paid 70 $ at a local shop. My lens is a decent
performer, I shot the 1999 solar eclipse with it on a OM1. You could even
see sunspots. I use it quite often as a small telescope, it shows very good
performance with close to diffraction limited star spots.
Nevertheless, 167$ seems a bit on the expensive side.

So , good lens, not so good priced.

Rainer