Re: [OM] Pricing

Subject: Re: [OM] Pricing
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 19:51:59 -0800
You can always use my approach, which is to scour the available resources,
including Skip's data, my own experience, ebay observations, KEH, etc.

And then guess.

Tom

This reminds me of Robert Burns' Method of Weighing Hogs. The steps are:

        1) obtain a saw horse and place it securely on the ground.
        2) obtain a good strong plank and balance it on the saw horse.
        3) place the hog on one end of the plank.
        4) pile rocks on the other end until the plank once again balances.
        5) guess the weight of the rocks.

<g>

An alternative is to use 5# bags of sugar instead of rocks, then guess the number of bags when the plank balances.