Re: [OM] OT - Tripod Advice Please

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Tripod Advice Please
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:43:10 +0100
Johnny Johnson wrote:
> I'm in the market for a tripod.  I really enjoy taking pictures of
flowers...

Be sure to look at the Benbo and Uniloc ranges first. They're ideal for the
purposes you describe and Heather Angel uses one, which was good enough for
me (she's also a N*k*n user to show that she can't be right all of the
time).

Following Chris Barker's advice, I fitted an Optech Neoprene twangy comfort
strap to the top and bottom of the centre column of my Benbo Trekker and
it's a great success, as you can almost forget you have a tripod on your
back. For low level shooting, a pair of gardener's knee pads and a Varimagni
are also useful to help keep your chin out of the mud (or cactus needles,
etc.).

Regards,
- Keith Berry