Re: [OM] OT - Tripod Advice Please

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Tripod Advice Please
From: Johnny Johnson <jijohnson4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:03:56 -0400
At 03:20 PM 5/29/01 +0100, Peter Dixon wrote:

Sorry Chris and Keith I went the other way - had a benbo trekker for a while but switched to manfretto legs with a sturdy ball and socket head on - could never get the hang of the dang benbo....

I really appreciate the advice from Chris and Keith but I wonder if I might not be the same way. I've never been able to chew gum and walk at the same time so I wonder how I'd do with three legs and a center section all moving around at the same time while I'm trying to locate them and lock them in place. Do you normally do this with the camera attached or do you set up the tripod and then mount the camera? Seems to me the second method might be preferred, especially if you have a quick mount.

Later,
Johnny