Re: [OM] OT - Tripod Advise Please

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Tripod Advise Please
From: Johnny Johnson <jijohnson4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:07:00 -0400
At 08:46 AM 5/29/01 -0700, Gary Reese wrote:

Hi Johnny:

<< So, do you think the Manfrotto fits my needs pretty well or - do you
have another favorite that I should consider. >>

Yup, its would be "don't use a tripod."  You can't control the wind.

Hi Gary,

I think I'm going to try your advise 1st and see how it works out. At one time I was pretty accurate shooting competition pistol while laying prone on my back, feet toward the targets, and bracing the pistol on the side of my calf. Seems like I should be able to get in some position with a camera that would allow me to brace it on some body part. :-) If that doesn't work out I'll probably purchase a Benbo and give it a try.

Thanks to all who offered advise.
Johnny