[OM] 35-80/2.8: Distortion at 35mm

Subject: [OM] 35-80/2.8: Distortion at 35mm
From: "Erwin Voogt" <photovoogt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 06:40:05 -0000
Hi,

Olaf wrote:

For me, the idea was to see if I should avoid the 35-80/2.8
at its 35mm setting for critical pictures,

!!! Funny, we are talking here about a $1000 lens...

PS: Erwin: you're one of the "enablers" of these tests, so we do want
to see the results you mentioned you obtained with the Tokina
35-70/2.8 someday too ;)

I did make some brick wall pictures with the Tokina ATX. They look very good and you can use this $200 lens for critical pictures... ;-> In about a month I will get a new computer, so I will be able to scan slides again. (I know, this sounds rather silly, but the situation is not worth explaining.)

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/index.html