Re: [OM] Voigtlander and their Lenses (Now OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtlander and their Lenses (Now OT)
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:09:38 +1000

>You could also get a Fed or Zorki.   I have a couple, neither cost more
>than $50, and produce fine pictures.  But there's no meter.
>
>Skip

I'm just playing with a borrowed 15mm Heliar on a Leica CL (did I already
say that?) and it is awesome, but tough to use well. I started looking at
the Fed/Zorki/Kiev offerings on ebay and haven't had so much fun in yonks!
They're not only selling gorgeous looking Leica fakes, they're even faking
special edition Russian cameras like Yuri Gagarin commemoratives and
'original' NKVD Feds. Huge. I'm really tempted to buy one of the
Leica/Elmar fakes from one of the more reputable dealers, if only to
frighten the horses. Luftwaffe black with gold plating and snakeskin for
around $115 - good grief! Who needs a meter? Anyone been there? There are a
couple of Ukraine dealers with a very good ebay record - are they kosher?
AndrewF