Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 06:46:51 -0700
Fully realizing comments were to go off-list, here are some general
observations to share:

One of the curses to selling when students are buying cameras is that
they may e-mail a buyers checklist they want completed. It probably
originated with their photography instructor.  I've seen enough of these
that I already have the answers to most of them in my descriptions.  It
is annoying to have to answer something you have already said and
difficult not to show that annoyance in a response.

It is amazing how many inquires come in over the last half day of
auctioning - as if the seller is at their computer for the final hours.
Perhaps half of them ask something you have already stated!

With Buy It Now (BIN), there are all too many cases of back and forth
e-mail with a careful seller (or an e-mail sitting in your In Box), only
to have the sale go to someone else. BIN makes asking the seller a
question obsolete.  Some sellers offer Instant Messanger service, but I
can't image how anyone could get productive work done with one of those.

Having said all that, I don't really get many e-mailed inquires on the
whole.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV