[OM] [OT] Buying on E-Bay

Subject: [OM] [OT] Buying on E-Bay
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:50:44 -0500
It's interesting. I've probably put 150+ auctions on ebay and I'll bet the
total number of emails is under 50. Perhaps I have good descriptions and
pictures, or perhaps they are uninformed buyers, or perhaps they just buy
what they want. I have noticed that the number of emails has gone down since
they changed it to going through the form, which I find hilarious since my
real email address is in every auction -- and even a clickable link.

As for BIN, I think it would be an interesting sociological study.  I put up
a 16/3.5 two weeks ago, stupidly to end on memorial day Sunday.  It didn't
meet its $500 reserve, with the highest bid of $410.  I relisted it Monday
night and added a $595 BIN (still a fair price, I think).  It sold within 24
hours.  Now, was it the timing of the auction or the BIN?  Since the buyer
was from Germany, it probably wasn't our memorial day.

This was the buyers first overseas purchase, so I am trying to make it as
smooth and easy as possible.

Tom

From: "Gary Reese" <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>