Re: [OM] Wierd dreams and BG2

Subject: Re: [OM] Wierd dreams and BG2
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:19:20 -0500 (CDT)

> Morgan Sparks
>
> P.S. The "Bathtub Shrine" is, according to my old Sociology Prof., a
> common iconograph among people of French Canadian descent.  It can be
> seen around here (northern Vermont) and also along the northern tier of
> New York, which along with the upper midwest, has alot of French
> Canadian-Americans.

It's extremely popular in Cajun country. There are some around where I
live in S. Mississippi, which has many Cajun immigrants. The Cajuns came
from Canada (Acadia, the Maritime provinces, not Quebec), but in the
18th century, well before the cast iron bathtub.  The Cajuns spoke French,
but were isolated, with no real cultural contact with Canada or France.
So who got it from whom?

Paul