[OM] Verdict's in on wet negs

Subject: [OM] Verdict's in on wet negs
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:54:40 -0700
I soaked them in filtered tap water and eased them apart and hung to
dry last night. Unfortunately it looks like the damage was done. I'll
posted a couple pics below that I'd hoped would have come out.
Fortunately I can go back and try them again. And with the added time
for TOPE6 maybe i can get something else.
        I send my film to Clark in San Francisco for developing which seems to
be ok and is cheap. This damage was the fault of the USPS. Mail arrived
on the plane from Everett already wet. Must have been raining down there
yesterday, it was sunny and dry here. My film was unlucky enough to be
at the bottom of the bag that sat in the puddle.
        Unfortunately the only processing available locally is a quick machine
which is both expensive and lousy. They just hired a new kid to run it
as the last guy it turns out was skimming off the XXX rated pictures of
locals in action. I guess he had quite a collection. Some of them were
high school kids so he's in big trouble.

Thanks again for the helpful responses. Here's the pics such as they
are.

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/nest1.jpg
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/nest2.jpg

Mike