[OM] Burnt by CAMETA camera shop

Subject: [OM] Burnt by CAMETA camera shop
From: Oben Candemir <retina@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:59:06 +1000
Guys,

I just got a 50mm f1.2 from Cameta Camera in Amytyville. And I have a minor 'horror' so to speak. The cosmetic appearance of the lens is truly mint- like they had graded. The functions are OK too aperture and focussing is smooth BUT the rear surface of lenses front element has marks... either cleaning or fungus related... i can't tell. Also they supplied a generic rear cap that I think was a bit of a cheap shot too when they probably have lots of originals.

What do people recommend in this circumstance? Should I return the lens? Or should I have it cleaned and just never buy from Cameta again?

I'm going to stop buying over the net; this is the second time I've been burnt now.

Cheers
Oben