Re: [OM] Burnt by CAMETA camera shop

Subject: Re: [OM] Burnt by CAMETA camera shop
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:09:22 -0500
I don't know what proper etiquette is, I only know what I do.  If the buyer
has any question at all about the equipment when the receive it, I
immediately offer a full refund, including shipping both ways.  Let's face
it, if you have enough auctions, there will be mistakes, sometimes mine.
List members have experienced it from me too, where I didn't catch a problem
with using a body with a winder, for example.  The only possible answer for
a reputable seller is to cover 1000f your out-of-pocket expenses.
Sometimes I don't even agree with the buyer -- for example, I have had a
couple situations where the buyer just didn't read the auction clearly --
where I have properly disclosed something.  Doesn't matter, I still cover
all their costs.

I, personally, can't imagine any other way of doing business.

Tom