[OM] World of OM Systems

Subject: [OM] World of OM Systems
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:22:47 -0000
Hi Barry,

Was out wandering in victoria today and was in a shop I don't normally get into. They had the book by Franz Pangerl called The World of OM-systems. Covers the OM-1 and OM-2 published in 1975. It was in pretty good shape - not perfect mind - so I bought it.

For the second time in a two day time frame I have to congratulate you, as this is an excellent find! :)))

Just curious if this is the one everyone has talked about in the past. Also what was the consensus on what the book should be worth.

I believe it is. Regarding the price, I believe this is the book for which the prices are marked up ridiculously. Some people try to find this book in every corner of the world to mark up the price to the ludicrous amount of some $200-$300 to sell it on e-Bay as a rarity. Needless to say (but I'll do it anyway), I think this is bad practice, as such books belong in the hands of OM-lovers, and I feel it's unfair that they get screwed by having to pay exorbitant amounts for it. Furthermore, due to the above practice it is now virtually impossible to find this book over here at a decent price.

I hope, and trust, you didn't pay such a ridiculous amount for it, and I hope you will enjoy your find as a true Zuik-lover should. :)

Cheers!
Olafo