Re: [OM] Anyone seen a saddle leather ERC?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone seen a saddle leather ERC?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:20:21 +0000
At 20:07 6/1/01, you wrote:
I haven't ever seen an everready case other than the leatherette, the soft cases, and the chocolatte leather cases. Didn't Olympus make a nice, rich brown, saddle leather case?

Any ideas on value or selling price?

Skip

Yes:
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/esif/om-sif/casegroup/hard_cases.htm

I have one; heavy, natural colored hard saddle leather and not very common.

Not for sale.

Fits my OM-1n without the shoe 4. These will not fit an OM-2S, OM-3[ti] or OM-4[T] with the integral hot shoes. The nose won't clear the shoe as you try to put it over the top. Oly also made a softer, pebble grain black leather case for the OM-1[n] and OM-2[n]; the bottom attaches to the body with a tripod screw. As with the hard case they will not fit the bodies with integral hot shoes.

For the OM-2S, OM-3[ti] and OM-4[T] Oly made the darker chocolate brown cases. The noses on these will clear the hot shoe. However, the bottoms will not fit the double-digit bodies (OM-10, etc.) which have squared-off ends. I have seen them in real leather and in leatherette. At first glance they look nearly identical. There are several different styles of noses for them.

BTW, I believe I sorted out the number stamped on the bottom flap of the nose:
1,4N - the most common marking; 50/1.4 lens without inverted lens hood.
1,4H - rarer; 50/1.4 lens with inverted lens hood (harder nose also).
1,2N - rare; 50/1.2 or 55/1.2 lens without inverted hood.
. . . etc.
Note: there are also longer noses for use with lenses such as the 35-105/3.5~4.5 zoom.

-- John