Re: [OM] Anyone seen a saddle leather ERC?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone seen a saddle leather ERC?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 12:01:55 -0700
> Fits my OM-1n without the shoe 4.  These will not fit an OM-2S, OM-3[ti] or
> OM-4[T] with the integral hot shoes.  The nose won't clear the shoe as you
> try to put it over the top.  Oly also made a softer, pebble grain black
> leather case for the OM-1[n] and OM-2[n]; the bottom attaches to the body
> with a tripod screw.  As with the hard case they will not fit the bodies
> with integral hot shoes.

I got the pebble grain screw-on soft case new with my OM1 in 1976.

FWIW the saddle leather and other fronts will fit the OM2sp albeit not
very well by putting them on "backwards" i.e. fasten the top snaps first
then wrap the bottom around and fasten. This defeats the convienience of
being able to leave the front hanging down while taking photos. If I use
the ER case though I usually just take off the front and stuff it in a
pocket, which is why i got the soft case in the first place.

Mike