Re: [OM] World of OM Systems

Subject: Re: [OM] World of OM Systems
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 15:34:41 -0700
Jim C. writes:

<< I've seen it listed for as high as $700 for a first edition copy >>

Its a hoot how bookstores apply traditional pricing practices to
phototechnical books, namely first edition = premium price.  Heck no
guys, it last edition premium. Exception are Shipman books where the
ones covering the most models, which were popular sellers, are the most
premium priced.

My vote for worst ever Olympus OM book is Barbara London's A Short
Course in Olympus Photography.  Gee Barbara, which Olympus camera line
are you even talking about, because it isn't clear from your title?

Mannheim was an International Editor for either Popular or Modern
Photography.  Two things that really sets the Olympus Way apart is the
detailed treatment of the Photomicrography Group, as well as Motor Drive
Group.  His procedures for the 250 Film Back 1 span 12 pages, I seem to
recall.  They easily replaced the missing instructions when I obtained
the Back for a former List subscriber.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV