RE: Re: [OM] Help Needed!!

Subject: RE: Re: [OM] Help Needed!!
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:39:38 +1000
Gregg wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken this works in a way that is similar to pre flashing
> film to increase the sensitivity of the areas that receive fewer
> photons.

Possibly, I'm not sure how this works.

> It also decreases the contrast, I think.  If the purpose is to
> have detail in the shadows, then extra light is beneficial.  If contrasty
> images are acceptable, then it might not be the option to try.  It is
> interesting how it appears to selectively lower the contrast.

I think that using one of the older SC lenses will *generally* lower the
contrast over the whole image, maybe it's just more apparent in the shadow
areas.

Anyway, I guess I could test this fairly easily since I have both an SC (V.
low SN) and an MC 50mm f1.4.

...Wayne